Monday, November 24, 2008

Fun Recipes for Thanksgiving...

I might be a fashionista... but we fashionistas still need to eat! LOL!!

With Thanksgiving only a few days away... here are 2 amazing recipes:



Cranberry Relish...
(from my mom)

1-3oz pkg Lemon Jello
2 cups sugar
(Dissolve in boiling water)
1 pound cranberries
1-orange
1-tsp salt
3-TBS lemon juice
2-apples

In food processor:
start with 1/2 orange then add cranberries
(watch carefully. do not get too fine)
Pour out.

In food processor:
1/2 orange. 2 apples until it turns to relish.

Put all ingredients together including sweetner.
Stir together and let sit for 2 days.


Another great recipe is:

Broccoli Delight:
in a 9x13 dish...

1/3 cup chopped onions
9 T butter. (coot 6 T with onions)
3 T flour
1 C water
12-16oz jare cheese whiz
3 pkgs (10 oz) chopped broccoli
5 eggs beaten well
3/4 cup bread crumbs

Cook onions (medium heat) in the 6 T butter. Stir in flour.
Add water and cook until thick. Add cheese whiz.
Then add cooked and drained broccoli.
Add beaten eggs and put in 9x13 buttered dish.
Cover with buttered bread crumbs.
Bake 325 degrees for 30 minutes...

2 recipes I highly recommend!!

2 comments:

not2brightGRAM said...

They both sound yummy...

I posted a great recipe posted on my blog yedterday for Scalloped Corn. Go to http://never2late2bnot2bright.blogspot.com/

Danna Crawford said...

I just printed them out! YOU SAVED THE DAY!!! I also added a link to your blog on my Powersellingmom blog :-) The eBay Cheerleader one,, lol
I sure enjoyed looking through your pages and SUCH A PLEASURE to know who you are now :-) HAVE A BLESSED THANKSGIVING you hot salsa gala you! ((smiles)) Seriously, I am so jealous, I've always wanted to learn how to do that! VERY COOL!!!